Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Designing and implementing production processes for new products; revising existing production processes to increase efficiency/part flow or cost reduction;
● Designing new production fixtures, tooling, and special gages based upon standard or unique requirements for process improvement;
● Revising current fixtures, tooling, and gaging as needed;
● Interfacing with customers’ engineering staff to resolve production issues;
● Creating detailed work instructions;
● Creating and maintaining the Bills of Materials for existing and new products;
● Conducting operation and process qualifications as required by customers;
● Interacting with vendors and suppliers to ensure high quality products or services;
● Training operators on work instructions for proper methods;
● Supporting new product manufacturing from R&D to assembly stages;
● Ability to interface with shop floor, manufacturing, and R&D personnel;
● Identify and prioritizing bottlenecks for improvement;
● Working with operators to ensure that any updates to the operating procedures in their areas are understood and followed;
● Creating drawings of assemblies and sub-assemblies;
●Creating layouts of the shop floor manufacturing areas;
● Assisting with quality inspections and product failure analysis;
● Supporting assignments set by Manager, provide feedback and identify areas of improvement to processes and products;
● Ensuring design/direction of the products meet safety, strategic function and goals;
● Developing, presenting and reviewing technical information and project status to peers and customers at various organization levels;
● Performing related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
● BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
● 5 + year of rail vehicle experience or similar Mechanical Engineering work in industry.
● Registered Professional Engineer preferred, but not required.