|ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION||CRRC MA Corporation, established in 2015, is a U.S. rail car manufacturer headquartered in Springfield, Massachusetts. As a leader in railcar manufacturing since 1888, CRRC designs and produces high speed trains, mass transit vehicles, passenger coaches, wind power equipment, engineering machinery, and more, for the United States and beyond. Awarded contracts to supply 700+ railcars to public transit agencies across the United States, CRRC MA is underway with the execution of transit rail car contracts with Boston’s Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA), Los Angeles Metro and Philadelphia’s SEPTA. CRRC MA has located two manufacturing facilities in the U.S., including a $95M investment in Springfield, Massachusetts and a $40M investment in Los Angeles, California triggering job creation and quality of life improvements.|
|DESCRIPTION||Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
CRRC MA is looking for a Mechanical Assembler to join our growing team. Responsibilities for this role are listed below.
· Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written work instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
· Utilize hand held tools such as a rivet guns, drills, torque wrenches etc.
· Able to use and understand metric/standard tape measures and scales.
· Assemble an entire product or component of a product.
· Retrieve and prepare components prior to assembly.
· Assemble and install equipment and products per engineering specifications, drawings and work instructions.
· Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area.
|POSITION REQUIREMENTS||Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· High School Diploma or GED and 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent required, Associates Degree preferred.
· 3 years related experience or equivalent required.
· Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. for an extended duration.
· Must be able to clearly speak, read, write and understand English.
· Must be able to talk and hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and others within the company 100% of time.
· Demonstrate product and process knowledge to newly learned techniques.
· Will have some knowledge of all specifications required to produce products in a similar manufacturing environment.
· Will have a working knowledge of process improvement methodology.
· General Computer skills.
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
|EOE STATEMENT||CRRC MA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.|