|SALARY RANGE||$17.50 per hour|
|ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION||CRRC MA Corporation, established in 2015, is a U.S. rail car manufacturer headquartered in Springfield, Massachusetts. Awarded contracts to supply 700+ railcars to public transit agencies across the United States, CRRC MA is underway with the execution of transit rail car contracts with Boston’s Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA), Los Angeles Metro and Philadelphia’s SEPTA. CRRC MA has located two manufacturing facilities in the U.S., including a $95M investment in Springfield, Massachusetts and a $40M investment in Los Angeles, California triggering job creation and quality of life improvements.
CRRC MA is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are growing in Springfield and have multiple openings to support our Production needs.
We’re Not Just Manufacturing Railcars In Springfield, We’re Building Careers!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Total Compensation – Wage+Retirement+Benefits
Production workers earn a great wage – currently $17.50 per hour.
These are union positions with superior retirement & benefits.
Medical thru Harvard Pilgrim of Massachusetts.
Dental Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.
Vision care – VSP Choice Network.
CRRC MA also pays 100% of the cost of your Retirement through the Local 63 or Local 7 Pension
CRRC MA covers 100% of the cost of Life Insurance up to $100k Union Pension and Annuity Retirement Benefits.
Paid sick time.
Paid vacation time.
|POSITION REQUIREMENTS||Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
· Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work strongly preferred.
· 3 plus years of related manufacturing experience or similar required.
· Must be able to clearly speak, read, write and understand English.
· Must be able to talk and hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and others within the company 100% of time.
· Demonstrate product and process knowledge to newly learned techniques.
· Will have some knowledge of all specifications required to produce products in a similar manufacturing environment.
· Will have a working knowledge of process improvement methodology.
· General Computer skills.
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· Manufacturing/Production environment will include working with sealants and solvents, wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as safety shoes, eye protection and bump caps.
· Required to be able to regularly lift and or move up to 50 lbs.
· We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
· This position may be covered by a collective bargaining agreement
< Back to All Opportunities