|SALARY RANGE||$16 – $18.99 DOE|
|ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION||CRRC MA Corporation, established in 2015, is a U.S. rail car manufacturer headquartered in Springfield, Massachusetts. As a leader in railcar manufacturing since 1888, CRRC designs and produces high speed trains, mass transit vehicles, passenger coaches, wind power equipment, engineering machinery, and more, for the United States and beyond. Awarded contracts to supply 700+ railcars to public transit agencies across the United States, CRRC MA is underway with the execution of transit rail car contracts with Boston’s Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA), Los Angeles Metro and Philadelphia’s SEPTA. CRRC MA has located two manufacturing facilities in the U.S., including a $95M investment in Springfield, Massachusetts and a $40M investment in Los Angeles, California triggering job creation and quality of life improvements.|
|DESCRIPTION||Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As an Electrical Assembler you will be responsible for functioning in a team to install the electrical/mechanical components in the project. You will ensure that all processes meet quality standards.
· Applies knowledge to perform a variety of tasks to assemble components, sub assemblies, install and route wire harnesses and products
· Reads work orders, follows production drawings, work instructions, schematics, wire lists and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed
· Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device
· Crimps, stakes, screws, solders, cements, press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment
· Mounts assembled components, such as transformers, resistors, integrated circuits, and sockets, on chassis panel
· Connects component lead wires, routes and connects wires between individual component.
· Installs finished assemblies or sub assemblies
· Assembles and attaches hardware, such as covers, caps, clamps, knobs, and switches, to assemblies
· Performs intermediate assembly tasks, sanding, cleaning, and epoxy bonding of assemblies.
· Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics
· Proficient in use of general electrical and mechanical hand tools (irons, crimps, stripers, cutters, torque wrenches, screwdrivers, wrenches etc.)
|POSITION REQUIREMENTS||Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
· Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work strongly preferred.
· 3 plus years of related manufacturing experience or similar required.
· Must be able to clearly speak, read, write and understand English.
· Must be able to talk and hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and others within the company 100% of time.
· Demonstrate product and process knowledge to newly learned techniques.
· Will have some knowledge of all specifications required to produce products in a similar manufacturing environment.
· Will have a working knowledge of process improvement methodology.
· General Computer skills.
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· Manufacturing/Production environment will include working with sealants and solvents, wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as safety shoes, eye protection and bump caps.
· Required to be able to regularly lift and or move up to 50 lbs.
· We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
· This position may be covered by a collective bargaining agreement